Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, Blues and everything in between!
June 4-week Class Session starts soon!
Sign up for now for Beginning, Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop!
News and Featured Classes
- at the Ukrainian Hall, SF with Catrine and Nathan plus Kally Price & the Fantastic Swingtime Band! World-renowned Lindy Hopper, dancer and teacher Catrine Ljunggren is also the famous “Cat” of Cat’s Corner, who founded, taught and ran the weekly dance party with
- Grease back that hair, throw on your letter (or leather) jacket, and spectators. Don your widest flare skirts, pettycoats, cigarette pants, saddle shoes and ribbons in your hair. Dress as your favorite 1950s character or in your best 1950s garb
- Monthly Dress-up and-Dance Party! “A day without laughter, is a day wasted” said Charlie Chaplin, and what better way to get some laughs and joy in but to head out dancing?! This month’s theme party is the Charlie Chaplin Ball!
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party at Balancoire Bar & Restaurant in the San Francisco Mission District. The event features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes plus live swing music every week with rotating bands.Classes
- 7 & 8PM Monthly Progressive Format Classes
60 minutes, registration required, $60-80 per month
- 9PM Weekly Beginning Swing Drop-in Class
30 minutes, drop-ins welcome, $10 per week
Class costs include dance party admission
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM - midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
Balancoire Bar & Restaurant
2565 Mission Street, SF, CA 94110
between 21st and 22nd Streets across from Foreign Cinema
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
The Fil Lorenz Orchestra
Macy Blackman & the Mighty Fines
Silver Bells Jazz Band
Tin Cup Serenade
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Alyssa and rotating guest teachers progressive format classes so
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Balancoire means “Swing” in French and is a spirited nightclub in the heart of the SF Mission District featuring a full bar and kitchen serving classic cocktails, beer, wine, appetizing main dishes and bar bites to share. Take a seat
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away