Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, Blues and everything in between!
New 4-week class session starts soon on August 2nd!
Sign up online now and save $20. Learn Lindy Hop, Balboa, or East Coast Swing.
Cats Corner has a new home!
Find the party at Swedish American Hall (2147 Market St., SF) on August 2, 9, 16 and 23.
News and Featured Classes
- Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 Cat’s Corner proudly reopens at the swanky Swedish American Hall in the heart of San Francisco! Dress-to-impress for our opening night for a chance to win great prizes! Here’s what’s in store: 7 & 8pm Main
- August 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2017 2147 Market Street, SF, CA 94114 (near 14th Street) Cat’s Corner moves to the Swedish American Hall starting Wednesday, August 2nd! This swanky venue right in the heart of San Francisco features: convenient
- Cat’s Corner is on the move! Cat’s Corner will take place at multiple SF venues this summer, until we confirm a new permanent location. This is due to an unexpected abrupt closure of Balancoire as of mid-July. Here’s where we’ll
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party at the Swedish American Hall in San Francisco. The event features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes, live swing music every week with rotating bands and cocktail bar so you can enjoy drinks and socialize between dances.
- 7 & 8PM Monthly Progressive Format Classes
60 minutes, registration required, $60-80 per month
- 9PM Weekly Beginning Swing Drop-in Class
30 minutes, drop-ins welcome, $10 per week
Class costs include dance party admission
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM – midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
Swedish American Hall
2174 Market Street, SF, 94114
above Cafe du Nord, near Church St. MUNI
between 14th & 15th Streets
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Johnny Bones & the Palace of Jazz
Clint Baker's New Orleans Jazz Band
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Alyssa and rotating guest teachers progressive format classes so
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Built in 1907, the Swedish American Hall is the most significant extant building associated with San Francisco’s Swedish community, and has a rich history of hosting live music concerts and public events. Designed by master architect, August Nordin, the building employs
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away