Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, Blues and everything in between!
April 4-week Class Session starts soon!
Sign up for now for Beginning, Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop or Solo Jazz!
News and Featured Classes
- Don your black and white masks, your mysterious trenchcoats, and white or black shoes, it’s time for the monthly dress-up party with a twist where double-agents will be triple-stepping! Use your spy gear to scope out who you’ll ask to
- Upstairs Dance Floor, 8-9PM, Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop March 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 8PM Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop with Justin Hill and Olivia Taylor Stretch and grow as a dancer by focusing on important fundamentals: connection, musicality and momentum while dancing through more
- Upstairs Dance Floor, 7-8PM, Electives March 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 7pm Solo Jazz with Idalia Ramos Learn the fun and playful classic steps of the Swing Era while improving your balance, coordination, and developing your individual style and repertoire
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party at Balancoire Bar & Restaurant in the San Francisco Mission District. The event features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes plus live swing music every week with rotating bands.Classes
- 7 & 8PM Monthly Progressive Format Classes
60 minutes, registration required, $60-80 per month
- 9PM Weekly Beginning Swing Drop-in Class
30 minutes, drop-ins welcome, $10 per week
Class costs include dance party admission
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM - midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
Balancoire Bar & Restaurant
2565 Mission Street, SF, CA 94110
between 21st and 22nd Streets across from Foreign Cinema
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Johnny Bones & the Palace of Jazz
Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
The Hot Baked Goods
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Alyssa and rotating guest teachers progressive format classes so
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Balancoire means “Swing” in French and is a spirited nightclub in the heart of the SF Mission District featuring a full bar and kitchen serving classic cocktails, beer, wine, appetizing main dishes and bar bites to share. Take a seat
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away