Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, Blues and everything in between!
Cat's Corner is on the move!
Find us at the Slovenian Hall (2101 Mariposa St., SF) on July 26 and at Swedish American Hall (2147 Market St., SF) on August 2, 9, 16 and 23.
News and Featured Classes
- Cat’s Corner is on the move! Cat’s Corner will take place at multiple SF venues this summer, until we confirm a new permanent location. This is due to an unexpected abrupt closure of Balancoire as of mid-July. Here’s where we’ll
- at the Ukrainian Hall, SF with Catrine and Nathan plus Kally Price & the Fantastic Swingtime Band! World-renowned Lindy Hopper, dancer and teacher Catrine Ljunggren is also the famous “Cat” of Cat’s Corner, who founded, taught and ran the weekly dance party with
- Grease back that hair, throw on your letter (or leather) jacket, and spectators. Don your widest flare skirts, pettycoats, cigarette pants, saddle shoes and ribbons in your hair. Dress as your favorite 1950s character or in your best 1950s garb
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party currently held at the Slovenian Hall in the San Francisco Potrero Hill Neighborhood. The event features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes plus live swing music every week with rotating bands.
- 7 & 8PM Monthly Progressive Format Classes
60 minutes, registration required, $60-80 per month
- 9PM Weekly Beginning Swing Drop-in Class
30 minutes, drop-ins welcome, $10 per week
Class costs include dance party admission
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM – midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
The Slovenian Hall of San Francisco
2101 Mariposa Street, SF, CA 94107
near Vermont Street, just off Highway 101
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Tin Cup Serenade
Si Perkoff's Fantastic Swingtime Band
Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
Rob Reich's Quintet Swings Left
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Alyssa and rotating guest teachers progressive format classes so
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Known locally as the Slovenian Hall, the Slovenian Progressive Home (or Slovenski Napredni Dom in Slovene) was established in San Francisco in 1927. The historic building features a roomy main ballroom for social dancing, an elegant bar room and upstairs floor for additional dancing
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away