Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, Blues and everything in between!
Special 3-week Class Series start Wednesday, January 11th
Sign up now for 1920s Charleston and/or Intermediate-Advanced Footwork Freedom!
- Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop Upstairs Dance Floor, 8-9PM January 11, 18, 25 (3-week session) Footwork Freedom! with Samantha Nguyen and Calvin Lu Break away from your 6 and 8 count patterns …
- Upstairs Dance Floor, 7-8PM January 11, 18 & 25 (3-week session) 7pm 1920s Partner Charleston with Jeff Kroll and Sara Levine The Charleston is the dance that best captures the …
- with Michael Terkowski & Joleigh McBryan Want to have more fun and be a getter partner? Learn from these mentors how experienced dancers dance socially: – How to adjust and …
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party at Balancoire Bar & Restaurant in the San Francisco Mission District. The event features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes plus live swing music every week with rotating bands.Classes
- 7 & 8PM Monthly Progressive Format Classes
60 minutes, registration required, $60-80 per month
- 9PM Weekly Beginning Swing Drop-in Class
30 minutes, drop-ins welcome, $10 per week
Class costs include dance party admission
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM - midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
Balancoire Bar & Restaurant
2565 Mission Street, SF, CA 94110
between 21st and 22nd Streets across from Foreign Cinema
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Rob Reich Quintet + DJ David Shen
Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums + DJ Gerry Thrash
Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
SF Medicine Ball Band
Tin Cup Serenade
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Alyssa and rotating guest teachers progressive format classes so
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Balancoire means “Swing” in French and is a spirited nightclub in the heart of the SF Mission District featuring a full bar and kitchen serving classic cocktails, beer, wine, appetizing main dishes and bar bites to share. Take a seat
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away