Enjoy swing dancing, live music, cocktails and great classes at our swanky new spot conveniently located on Market Street, SF!
4-week classes start soon on August 8th. Meet special guest Catrine Ljunggren - the "Cat" of Cat's Corner!
Sign up online now and save $10. Learn Swing, Lindy Hop and more!
News and Featured Classes
- Catrine Ljunggren is a world-traveling, master dancer and teacher. She played a pivotal role in the modern swing revival through her involvement with the Rhythm Hot Shots dance group, Herrang Dance Camp, and as a frequent teaching partner of swing
- Swedish American Hall is closed for one week. We’re taking Cat’s Corner on the road! Join all your favorite cats and kittens at Local Edition – the swanky basement bar in downtown SF – for a fun night of dancing
- Please note our alternate schedule and location due to private events at our main venue*: June 13th, 2018 Cat’s Corner at Ukrainian American Hall Address 345 7th Street, SF, 94103 (near Folsom, entrance on Cleveland side street) Special Schedule 7:30-9
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party in San Francisco that features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes, live swing music every week with rotating bands and cocktail bar so you can enjoy drinks and socialize between dances.
Swedish American Hall
2174 Market Street, SF, 94114
(between 14th & 15th Street, near Church St. MUNI)
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM – midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
Main Floor Classes
- 7-8pm Beginning Lindy Hop Monthly Series (register online)
- 8-9pm Intermediate Lindy Hop Monthly Series (register online)
- 9-9:30pm Beginning Swing Drop-in ($10/week)
Side Room Classes
All class costs include dance party admission and the 9pm Beginning Swing Lesson.
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums
Clint Baker's Golden Gate Swing Band
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Chiara and monthly guest teachers progressive format classes
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Built in 1907, the Swedish American Hall is the most significant extant building associated with San Francisco’s Swedish community, and has a rich history of hosting live music concerts and public events. Designed by master architect, August Nordin, the building employs
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away