Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, Blues and everything in between!
March 4-week Class Session starts soon!
Sign up for now for Beginning, Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced Lindy Hop or Solo Jazz!
News and Featured Classes
- A Valentine’s Day Post-Mortem Do you love Valentines day? Do you hate valentines day? Do you have a love-hate relationship with Valentines day? Valentines Day can be a wonderful or horrible time, and this party is to show how your’s
- Life is a circus, why not have some fun with it and dress up to match all the insanity? This month’s theme will be Vintage Circus. Dress as a sad clown, a mime, a muscle man in a classic striped
- Upstairs Dance Floor, 7-8PM, Electives February 1, 8, 15 and 22 7pm 1920s Partner Charleston with Jeff Kroll and Sara Levine Note: This class is a continuation of the January 3-week series, but new students who are experienced dancers and can catch-up
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, class, special theme parties and more
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party at Balancoire Bar & Restaurant in the San Francisco Mission District. The event features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes plus live swing music every week with rotating bands.Classes
- 7 & 8PM Monthly Progressive Format Classes
60 minutes, registration required, $60-80 per month
- 9PM Weekly Beginning Swing Drop-in Class
30 minutes, drop-ins welcome, $10 per week
Class costs include dance party admission
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM - midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
Balancoire Bar & Restaurant
2565 Mission Street, SF, CA 94110
between 21st and 22nd Streets across from Foreign Cinema
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Fil Lorenz Orchestra
Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums
Si Perkoff & the Fantastic Swingtime Band
Clint Baker's New Orleans Jazz Band
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Alyssa and rotating guest teachers progressive format classes so
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Balancoire means “Swing” in French and is a spirited nightclub in the heart of the SF Mission District featuring a full bar and kitchen serving classic cocktails, beer, wine, appetizing main dishes and bar bites to share. Take a seat
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away