Enjoy swing dancing, live music, cocktails and great classes at our hip spot conveniently located in the Mission District!
Wednesday, April 15, 2020: Cat's Corner Reloaded
Join us on Zoom for our first live stream dance lesson and party!
Upcoming Bands and DJs
Nothing from June 5, 2020 to July 5, 2020.
Welcome to Cats Corner!
Cats Corner is the Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party in San Francisco that features monthly and weekly swing & Lindy Hop classes, live swing music every week with rotating bands and cocktail bar so you can enjoy drinks and socialize between dances.
The Valencia Room
647 Valencia Street, SF 94110
at Sycamore, between 17th & 18th Streets
near 16th & Mission BART and MUNI
Dance Party Hours
9:30PM – midnight. DJ band break 10:30-11pm.
$10 general admission. $5 before 9PM and after 11PM.
- 7 & 8pm Monthly Lindy Hop classes ($70-85/month register online)
- 9pm Beginning Swing Crash Course (drop-ins welcome, $10/week)
Class costs include dance party admission
Get weekly news about bands, DJs, classes, special theme parties and more
News and Featured Classes
- Take a break from reality with your friends from Cat's Corner! 8-9 PM Lindy Hop Lesson with Dave and Charlie. 8:30-9 PM DJed Music by Arnold Cabreza. 9-10 PM Music by the Cosmo Trio featuring Emily Day.
- Cat's Corner dance party and classes are closed for the next 3 Wednesdays (March 11, 18 and 25) due to recommendations from the SF Department of Public Health to cancel "Large Public Gatherings" as well as guests' concerns about spreading coronavirus.
- Starting on January 8th, 2020, Cat's Corner has a new home at the Valencia Room, a hip new bar in the heart of the SF Mission District at the site of the former Elbo Room!
Learn to swing dance and Lindy Hop at Cat’s Corner! Have fun, meet new people, and get great exercise all at once! Cat’s Corner offers: hip, expert & friendly dance instruction with Nathan, Chiara and monthly guest teachers progressive format classes
Dance and listen to the best of the SF Swing and Jazz scene every Wednesday, featuring a wide variety of bands, different each week! Music styles range from Benny Goodman-styled cool combos, Hot Traditional Jazz, classic high-energy Big Band Swing, sultry
Built in 1907, the Swedish American Hall is the most significant extant building associated with San Francisco’s Swedish community, and has a rich history of hosting live music concerts and public events. Designed by master architect, August Nordin, the building employs
What dancers and students are saying
I've danced at swing clubs all around the world, and Cat's Corner is one of the best. Great environment, great people and great music.
Cat's Corner has been a fun learning experience so far, and I look forward to taking several more months of classes here. I've been telling my friends all about it!
[a] primo destination for hopping the night away