Cat’s Corner is on the move!
Cat’s Corner will take place at multiple SF venues this summer, until we confirm a new permanent location. This is due to an unexpected abrupt closure of Balancoire as of mid-July.
Here’s where we’ll be each week:
July 19 & 26: Slovenian Hall. 2101 Mariposa Street, SF
August 2, 9, 16 & 23: Swedish American Hall. 2174 Market Street, SF
August 30: Ukrainian Hall (TBC)
We are leaning toward the Swedish American Hall as our new long-term home, so it’s important to spread the word and come out in force this August. Let’s make a great impression during our trial run!
Cat’s Corner at the Slovenian Hall
July 19 & 26, 2017
2101 Mariposa Street, SF, CA 94107 (near Vermont Street Exit off Highway 101)
Here’s how to get there with minimum fuss!
Public Transit in SF: take the #19, 22, 55 or 10 MUNI bus line.
GroupCarpool.com: Free service connecting drivers and riders. Weekly link on Facebook page. We suggest 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30pm pickups from 16th & Mission BART Station.
Driving: Free, reasonable street parking in the neighborhood. Please be respectful of the neighbors when walking to/from the venue and don’t leave valuables in your car!
Here’s what’s in store at this location:
- July 19: Ryan Calloway’s Silver Bell Jazz Band + The Century Sisters band-break performance
- July 26: Paradise Found Tiki Night with Tin Cup Serenade
- Spacious main ballroom for our main classes and dance party
- Craft cocktails and cash bar with Grant Fukui and friends
Cat’s Corner at the Swedish American Hall
August 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2017
2174 Market Street, SF, CA 94114 (near 14th Street)
Swedish American Hall is a promising venue that could be the future long-term of Cat’s Corner…if we come out in force this August! The hall features:
- convenient central location on Market St. with many public transit options
- large main dance floor with stage for live music
- cocktail bar adjacent to the ballroom
- side room for additional classes
- upstairs from Cafe du Nord bar & restaurant
- August 2: Kally Price and the Fantastic Swingtime Band
- August 9: Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
- August 16: Rob Reich’s Quintet Swings Left
- August 23: Johnny Bones & the Palace of Jazz
September and Beyond
The best way to stay updated about transition news is to subscribe to our email newsletter!
Also catch updates on our Facebook page or follow this website post for more news.