Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Werewolves vs. Vampires
Halloween Swing Dance Party & Hidden Role Game
ANY and ALL costumes welcome. Consider yourself a werewolf or vampire in disguise!
Werewolves. Vampires. Sworn enemies, creatures of the night shrouded in mystery, walking secretly among us. Their mutual revulsion is the only thing certain, as they hunt each other thirsting for blood!
All night, during the dance party, guests will be participating our Werewolves vs. Vampire Secret Role game (rules explained below):
Party Schedule & Festivities
- Beginning Swing Dance Lesson (9-9:30pm)
- Music by Sam Rocha & his Spooky Friends + DJ Arnold Cabreza (9:30pm-midnight)
- Dance Performance & Contests at 10:45pm
- Best costume awards – including cash prizes & FREE dance party passes
- Annual Carved Pumpkin Contest – decorate your pumpkin at home and bring it with you for a chance to win 3 months free dance party admission
- Creepy Crawly Cocktails and Tasty Treats at the Bar
$10 general admission INCLUDES 9pm swing dance lesson before the band starts.
No partner needed. Beginners welcome!
Werewolves vs. Vampires Hidden Role Game
Rules & Gameplay
- Obtain a game card at the door assigning you to one of two secret teams: Werewolves or Vampires.
- Your goal is to identify, “bite” and eliminate members of the opposite team…before they eliminate you!
- Keep your role hidden from players on the opposite team. It’s up to you to figure out who you can trust…or not.
- Your game card may have clues to help you figure out who is on your own team.
Bite Challenging Another Player
If you suspect someone is on the opposite team and lying about their identity to you, you have the option to Bite Challenge them. Just say “I bite you!” You don’t actually bite them, obviously. The player you challenge must reveal their true role to you. You don’t need to reveal your role to them.
If you’re right:
The other player dies. They surrender the top half of their role card to you, and you earn a “kill.”
If you’re wrong:
You die! You must surrender the top half of YOUR role card to the other player, and they earn a “kill.”
Important: once you die, you must not give out secret information to other active players. Dead creatures tell no tales!
Note: if there is any question of who challenged who first, use Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine the challenger/challengee.
At the end of the game, we’ll declare the player with the most kills the Ultimate Werewolf or Vampire Hunter, and they’ll receive cool prizes!